This is not an official church website.

To view the official website of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints see link on this page

16 September, 2008

...here it is Lisa....the recipe

Bircher Muesli- Carol O style

I have only ever made this in bulk using larger quantities but this receipe will still make a fair amount to sustain your taste buds:

3 cups whole rolled oats (I used a combination of a muesli fruit mix from Woollies & rolled oats)
100g slivered or flaked almonds (can also add 100g macadamia & 100g hazelnuts)
1 cup coconut (I used the courser coconut)
1 cup sultanas or make a mixture of sultanas, dried fruit (apple, apricot, peach, pear) diced to your liking (I also diced some tinned peaches)
1 cup milk
2 cups vanilla lite yoghurt (plain brand works)

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl well & cover & refrigerate overnight to soak.
If in the morning it's not loose enough for you just add some more milk or yoghurt or both, whatever takes your fancy.

bon appetite & healthy eating


1 comment:

The Kings said...

Whooo hooo - I have missed your blogging Carol!! Love the new header pic and thanks heaps for the recipe! We still need to get Aaron to put some music on here - I have been cracking the whip, but obviously not hard enough yet! He keeps telling me he is on holidays or something! ;)